There many ministry opportunities at Lake Street UMC. To get involved with any opportunities, contact our Ministry Coordinator. Chris Draxler
Our church is a compassionate, welcoming community for all people with special needs and their families. This team provides learning events, works on ways to adapt our ministry, and creates an atmosphere of welcome for all people. We work to make Lake Street’s physical building, our mission activities, and our message as accessible as possible.
Lake Street United Methodist Women (UMW) meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month for a program, from Sept. – May. Many small groups meet monthly as well:
- 2 different Circle groups that share fellowship and a short program of their own choosing.
- 2 Reading/Book groups that choose what they read and discuss.
- The annual All-Church Bazaar and lunch that is held in October and is coordinated by UM
Men At Prayer (MAP) meets weekly on Thursday mornings at church, 7:30 am.
This group begins each meeting with the sharing of prayer concerns that are part of everyone’s life. Studies vary from books of the Bible to lectionary scripture passages.
This group seeks meaning and direction as to how the scripture affects and directs daily life.
Mission Team works to identify and serve the needs in our community and the world while being a resource to our church family on providing opportunities to serve those needs within our greater community. There are many small groups that
serve and support mission in our community and globally.
In the community
- The Community Table – Lake Street members and friends prepare and serve a meal for The Community Table once a month. It is an easy way to reach out in LOVE to our neighbors’ right here in Eau Claire. No experience is needed, just a willing spirit and to reflect God’s love through your words and actions.
- Planned Acts of Christian Kindness – P.A.C.K. events are scheduled once a month with the goal of being the church outside the church building. Our volunteer teams, our acts and out dates change each month as we reach out into the community sharing God’s LOVE; one simple planned act at a time.
- Interfaith Hospitality Network –The Beacon House is a family or single woman homeless shelter. A team from Lake Street serves there on a quarterly basis, providing evening meals, childcare services and overnight supervisors.
- Day of Mission happens once a summer when the United Methodist Churches in the area’s Circuit work together to put our faith into action. Our projects range from gardening, painting, cleaning and simple building projects; putting our skills into action to serve and LOVE others.
- Good Neighbor Project is a group of neighborhood churches, including Lake Street United Methodist Church, that seek to reduce financial obstacles that may affect students’ ability to participate in the classroom or school activities. The program serves Longfellow and Lakeshore Elementary Schools.
The Fireside Library ministers to the needs of persons of all ages by providing religious, recreational, and educational materials. The book collection includes fiction, non-fiction, large print, biographies and reference for both adults and children. Books for the UMW Reading Program are located on a book cart in the library. There is also a good selection of DVDs, Talking books, and Music CDs. The library is staffed by helpful volunteers on Sundays between services. It is open during the week for self-check out.
The library has it's own online catalog that can be accessed here.
Lake Street UMC Archives is located in the lower level of the Education Wing
at the church and has monthly workshops to keep up with the posting and